Where personal service and quality come together.
- Shipping faqs
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is difference between shipping and transferring semen?
- Shipping means you want semen shipped to you or the person selected
- Transfer means that semen will be put into storage of person selected at GLSS; it will not be shipped
Who pays for shipping/transfer of semen?
- The semen owner indicates who pays shipping/transfer charges by writing in the name of person, their address, and phone number in the “bill charges to” section on the release form. If nothing is indicated, the owner of the semen will be charged.
Do I need an address/phone number for the person who will be receiving the semen?
- YES! Incomplete release forms are not processed.
What if I don’t have the person’s address/phone number; can GLSS get that information for me?
- NO, GLSS will not find or provide the address/phone number for the person selected. Incomplete release forms will not be processed.
What is the cost of shipping or transferring semen?
- Transfer fees vary – contact GLSS for exact fees.
- Shipping costs vary as freight prices vary. Each shipping is charged a $30 handling fee + freight charges.
- Contact GLSS with the zip code that semen will be shipped to, this will provide a basis on freight charges.
- Remember: 2 day select and overnight shipments are more costly.
Is Insurance available for shipping semen?
- Yes, semen can be insured but the owner needs to REQUEST insurance and complete the release form to be sent into GLSS with the semen cost to determine a shipping value.
Can I hold semen in the vapor shipper until I need to A.I.?
- NO! Vapor shippers are used to transport semen only; they are not storage tanks. You should have your own nitrogen tank to put semen into once it arrives.
Once the tank has arrived, how do I get it back to GLSS?
- GLSS will arrange pick up of the shipper with the customer and UPS. Generally, shippers will be picked up the next day by UPS after semen was delivered. Please have a note on the shipper stating “tank is ready for UPS to pick up for GLSS” and set the tank back out where UPS dropped it at the day before.
Can I ship semen out the same day I send in the release form?
- NO – DO NOT PLAN ON IT! During the fall months, customers need to submit their release forms at least a week before to schedule shipments; 2 weeks is better! Vapor shippers are limited and are on a first come, first serve basis. If you order has to go out the same day a $50 minimum expedite fee will be charged to the shipment cost.
Can I call-in my shipping/transfer request?
- NO! Written authorization is required. Complete and send in the release form via online form, fax, or postal mail.