- Semen Collection, Processing, Storage & Shipment
- Breeding Soundness Evaluation
- Boarding Facilities
- Nitrogen Tank Storage & Maintenance
- Export Qualified
Bulls coming into GLSS must have the following documents on file prior to delivery:
- Contract & Health Requirements for Bull Services (PDF)
- Bull Admission Form
- Registration Papers
Pre-Delivery Health Requirements:
- Physical examination – conducted by an accredited veterinarian
- Tuberculosis-negative intradermal tuberculosis test
- Brucellosis-official test of state where bull is located
- Lepto 5
- BVDV (ELISA)
If you’re like most livestock producers, your animals are your top priority. At Great Lakes Sire Service, they are our top priority, too. Our custom semen collection services ensure that you get the most from your superior genetics. Take a look at what we have to offer:
Your bulls don’t get lost in the shuffle at Great Lakes Sire Service. Our small, well-trained staff makes sure each bull is treated as a special case.
We have worked with more than 30 breeds of cattle, as well as sheep, swine, goats and deer. We know what it takes to help your sires reach their maximum genetic potential.
Our custom facility allows us to handle large, mature bulls with ease. Our specially designed pens and trained mount animals keep both handler and bull out of harms way for quick and easy collection.
Your bull will receive special treatment while staying at Great Lakes Sire Service. We provide different types of housing including large individual pens, individual and outdoor group pens.
The outdoor pens feature shelter from the elements as well as plenty of space for exercise. We feel these larger pens offer plenty of exercise to help keep your animal healthy.